Episode 1655 Talkback - A Conversation with Karl Kesel

Presenting a CGS sit-down with veteran creator Karl Kesel: Inker, Inditer, and Impresario of the Impossible!! Flush with victory after the successful funding of a Kickstarter campaign to revive his and Tom Grummett's creator-owned comic SECTION ZERO, the celebrated Mr. K joins us to discuss the second life of that series; several of his fan-favorite past projects; and any other topic we throw at 'im. Good clean fun with a true gentleman of the comics profession! (1:07:20)

Listen here.

Comments

• Mark_EngblomMark_Engblom Posts: 272
    edited June 3
    Fun interview! Interesting to learn more about his life and career. Hoping for more pro interviews, particularly others from Kesel's generation of creators, who (with few exceptions) remain a bafflingly marginalized, often ignored group of extremely talented people.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,481
    Great interview Brian and Adam.

It's too late to back his project on Kickstarter, but you can find out more about his Section Zero project at this link
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 315
    NICE!

I had forgotten how much I missed the creator interviews.
  • TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,513
    What a fun episode. I was unfamiliar with Karl prior to this, but he was great. Loved the Marvel vampire/apes story! Oh, and the bonus audio at the end was awesome too!
  • ChrisBeckettChrisBeckett Posts: 336
    Great episode, gents! Really enjoyed it.

Thank you, as always.

-chris
  • Karl Kesel always reminds me of the Byrne Superman era. If anybody out there hasn't read those books, please do yourselves a favor and hunt those babies down. Magniconte!
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,025
    Great interview! Thanks guys :)
  • i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 510
    HYPERTIME WOO!
  • alienalalienal Posts: 440
    Yep, nice to hear an interview again! And a good interview it was, and hey, I wouldn't have minded more talk about original comic art, especially since it was apparent that both Karl and Pants were into it. It's weird, I know I have a copy of the original Section Zero #1 from Gorilla, but I guess it must be in my mom's basement somewhere since I can't find it here. Ah, I wonder if I can find that Crimson Plague #1? It's possible... Anyways, I'm kinda confused about the printing and release of the book: the hardcovers are for the supporters (right?), but won't the book be available to be sold elsewhere? I'd certainly like to read it someday. Say, maybe you could do a follow-up interview with Tom Grummett. I won a sketch from him at a sketch duel at Fan Expo last year. I've always loved his art style (too bad he wasn't commissioned to draw a superhero sketch with the one I won).