Episode 1649 Talkback - Comic Talk

Bryan Deemer and Shane rejoin the fold for this free-form folio of four-color folderol, which includes reactions to the bits of news and amusement dribbling out of this year's Star Wars Celebration; a kung-fu insider's take on the Iron Fist Netflix series; a massacre of a Muddle the Murd; and more! (1:14:44)

Listen here.

Comments

• matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 973
    Cool!
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 5,168
    Good to hear your voice again, @ShaneKelly. Glad things are going relatively well for you after your loss.
  • ShaneKellyShaneKelly Posts: 146

Good to hear your voice again, @ShaneKelly. Glad things are going relatively well for you after your loss.

Thank you! It was good to be back!
    Sorry for your loss Shane @ShaneKelly. Always enjoy hearing that story of your dad getting your first comic.
    edited April 21
    And congrats to Murd on his return to the stage. (In my best 1940's stage manager voice) "Go out there and blow them away kid! You're gonna be a star!" @Adam_Murdough
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 371
    The Iron Fist talk reminded me of the scene where about a half dozen ninja get out of an Escalade and walk into a Chinese restaurant. For some reason that scene struck me as funny.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 5,168
    aquatroy said:

The Iron Fist talk reminded me of the scene where about a half dozen ninja get out of an Escalade and walk into a Chinese restaurant. For some reason that scene struck me as funny.

“Heh, heh. Those darn ninjas. They’re wacky.”
  • BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 265
    Was also very happy to hear @ShaneKelly again. I hadn't heard about your father, Shane. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.
    Thank you BionicDave!
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,838
    Thank you for sharing your life with the fans of the show, @ShaneKelly. My deepest condolences to you and your family, and we're blessed to have you back on the show.
    Thank you bralinator!
  • i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 521
    edited April 23
    My condolences, @ShaneKelly. Sorry to hear about it, and all my best to you and your family. Losses like that are always hard. But, nevertheless, happy to see you back on! And Sir Founder, @brydeemer!
    Thanks Ian!
  • alienalalienal Posts: 458
    Condolences to you and your family @ShaneKelly ...also, nice to hear you back on the show! It was also nice to hear @brydeemer again! Say, I wonder what THEY thought of the return of the original Marvel digital code package mentioned in the Previews episode. I would think both of you love it! Murd, too! (Since he was part of the trading going on?) Anyways, also nice to hear Chris @wildpigcomics comment on the Netflix Iron Fist. I pretty much agree with what he said, plus the Deemer kung-fu insight was nice to hear, too. I'm always amused by @Pants relunctance to see trailers. Still, he might have a good strategy. There was one movie I saw recently (actually, I think it was Civil War), that I saw almost nothing of beforehand and I think I enjoyed the movie more than if I'd seen trailers (for example, if I'd see the Spider-man appearance beforehand). Oh, I don't really know if @Adam_Murdough is really off his game or not, but those Muddle the Murd questions are getting pretty cutthroat.
  • Condolences and best wishes to you and yours, @ShaneKelly. It's so cool how supportive of your interests your dad was. We lost my father last year and, while he no longer read comics as an adult, he did enjoy talking to me about the characters and stories he loved as a young reader in the Golden Age. He was a particularly big fan of the Fawcett universe and I remember thinking as a kid how cool it was that there were defunct universes and characters and a whole big history of comics out there to be discovered. Magniconte!
  • TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,624
    Sorry for your loss, Shane!
  • i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 521
    Just finished the episode. Somebody needs to draw "Doom of the Anal Squigglers" immediately.
  • alienalalienal Posts: 458
    edited April 26
    Oh, typed a message in the wrong section, but anyway, I forgot to mention: I love the Star Wars talk. I don't know that much about the ancillary series or animation or other movies (besides Rogue One), but I like to hear Bryan and Shane talk about that stuff!
    Thanks TheOriginalGMan and johnnyhateschachi!