Book of The Month Clubs We Want to Hear

2»

Comments

• popestupopestu Posts: 782
    Earth X
    dubbat138 said:

Here's a few from me.

Alan Moore's run on Supreme. There is two trades collecting all of this.
    MORE MIRACLEMAN.
    Showcase Presents Warlord volume 1-Great Grell artwork with decent stories.
    Essential Killraven-One of those great Marvel's 70s non-superhero titles that gets almost no talk.
    YEAH!- I know,I know I talk about this book all the time. But that is because I believe it should have been huge. And how can I pass up an all ages book by Peter Bagge.
    The Maximortal and/or Bratpack-With the geeks doing the One as a BOMC selection. I am wanting to hear their thoughts on more Veitch superhero deconstruction.
    Didn't trade come out recently that collects the first 6 issues of Afterlife with Archie? If so that is one I would love to hear the geeks thoughts on.
    Bat Manga-I know Murd has read it. What about the other geeks.
    Judgement Day by Alan Moore-Moore's rebooting of the Extreme/Awesome universe. Which seems to be forgotten.

</blockquote

Bratpack...wow. I recently found my tpb from a NY con from the Pentahotel? Penta Hotel?

It has a different ending than the issues.

Maximortal would be cool, too. Good call, @dubbat138 .
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,317

The trade is due out very soon, so I'm suggesting "The Valiant". The recent mini-series writeen by Jeff Lemire & Matt Kindt. It's of course published by Valiant Entertainment. It's a nice self contained story & a great chance for new universe to give the universe a chance.

Hope that sounds good to anyone else.

Totally agree. This a great series. Art, writing, the lot.

I'd love to hear the geeks views.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,862
    luke52 said:

The trade is due out very soon, so I'm suggesting "The Valiant". The recent mini-series writeen by Jeff Lemire & Matt Kindt. It's of course published by Valiant Entertainment. It's a nice self contained story & a great chance for new universe to give the universe a chance.

Hope that sounds good to anyone else.

Totally agree. This a great series. Art, writing, the lot.

I'd love to hear the geeks views.
    I concur. Would really like to hear of a bit more Valiant reviews from our favorite geeks. I think the occasional wading into the Valiant pool would be a benefit to new readers as long as it was more than just lip service. Grab their 2015 FCBD offering as a primer and dig in.
  • shanebshaneb Posts: 109
    The Valiant would be a great choice! I really would like to see some that divert away from the mainstream a bit, I'm wondering if there are any non-fiction comics that would be good for BOMC.
  • As far as nonfiction goes, someone suggested Understanding Comics, which I think would be incredibly interesting. Fun Home or Persepolis could be neat, too.
    Non-fiction wise the guys really should do The Fifth Beatle.

Beautiful book.
    luke52 said:

Beautiful book.

Yes! I post the same suggestion. Stay out of my mind, @luke52
    luke52 said:

Beautiful book.

And, everyone should own this book. It's like 20 bucks.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,038

As far as nonfiction goes, someone suggested Understanding Comics, which I think would be incredibly interesting. Fun Home or Persepolis could be neat, too.

fredzilla said:

FEI (for everyone's information, including mine!) - previous BOTMC episodes taken from the CGS main website.

Understanding Comics

I now want Locke and Key to get the CGS treatment.
  • RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    East of West! Morning Glories! More Walking Dead!
  • Mark_EngblomMark_Engblom Posts: 288
    Swamp Thing Annual #2.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,862
    Scalped from Vertigo
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 3,178

Scalped from Vertigo

That first volume would be a great BoMC selection. Scalped is incredible and I would love to revisit that series
  • hauberk said:

I'd like to see the guys follow up on at least one of the 2000 AD offerings that Caliban offers each year.

Also:

Marshal Law
    Lazarus
    Black Science
    Great Darkness Saga

and I'm sure many, many more.

Make that two of us for Marshal Law and Great Darkness Saga. And let's add Dreadstar to that list.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 3,178
    I would love to have a Marshall Law BoMC, I think DC made a reprint a few years ago.
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,083
    Add me in for Marshall Law.
    popestu said:

luke52 said:

Beautiful book.

And, everyone should own this book. It's like 20 bucks.
    15.00 overaized? tpb