Episode 23 Talkback - Batman '66 TV Toys

Now that we've got our hands on some of the new Mattel toys from the 1966 Batman TV series line it's time to talk about them. (1:12:06)

Listen here.

Comments

• alienalalienal Posts: 455
    It was interesting listening to you all open the toys. Great enthusiasm! Tom seemed a bit subdued but maybe 'cuz you froze him out of getting any toys. Heh-heh... =D>
  • Shane... Don't boil! This can really damage a figure . Hair dryer is a best method for manipulating plastic . If its a stuck joint , just put it in the freezer, no need to heat first . Boiling is something a lot of us did but really isn't good in long run
  • abuddahabuddah Posts: 133
    We'll see if any product is announced at NYCC, but so far Mattel's been very quiet about future waves. Although this just happened:
    thefwoosh.com/2013/09/yvonne-craig-batgirl-makes-merchandising-deal

2014 SDCC exclusive Batgirl with Cycle, anyone?
  • sandmansandman Posts: 188
    abuddah said:

We'll see if any product is announced at NYCC, but so far Mattel's been very quiet about future waves. Although this just happened:
    thefwoosh.com/2013/09/yvonne-craig-batgirl-makes-merchandising-deal

2014 SDCC exclusive Batgirl with Cycle, anyone?

I'm very happy to hear this. I'm also a little surprised that they needed her, or anyone else's permission to make figures of them from the series. I would have thought that would have been covered in their contracts. Like Star Wars, I don't think that cast has had any say, or recieved any money over the use of their likeness on merchandise over all these yeras. I guess someone wasn't imagining merchandising for the cast when their contracts were made way back when.

I hope they don't make it a con exclusive. I won't be able to get my hands on it if they do. And I think that they would make more money buy getting Yvonne Craig figures in the stores, and not keeping it to just a convention where a smaller part of her and the show's fan base would be able to go.
    Are the Batman '66 figures a Toys R Us exclusive?
    Pants, are you coming back to the light side? :D
  • Anyone hear or see anything about any more 66 figs coming?
  • I just saw a batcave set and multipack with Batgirl in it which will be coming out later this year sometime. :)
  • ShaneKellyShaneKelly Posts: 146
    Anyone see the Batman '66 toys Funko is going to produce. 3 3/4 size I think. They look OK, not spectacular but I liked them. Part of this is the potential for a variety of villains which may be produced.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 5,087
    Generally the only toys I get these days are Lego. The King Tut figure is somewhat tempting, and something I might get if I find it on clearance down the line. I hate the Pop figures though, and wouldn't display one if you gave it to me for free. I do have a Batman ’66 Dorbz Batgirl figure my wife gave me for Christmas—I like the Dorbz.
  • ShaneKellyShaneKelly Posts: 146
    The King Tut one is what peeked my interest. I am not sure I will get any either. I like the Mattel ones I have already. I only wish they would have kept going with more villains.