Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,642
    edited October 11

Torchsong said:

Best bit of comic news I heard while at the show: Jeff Lemire and Keith Giffen are going to be co-writing an Inferior Five series drawn by Giffen, and Jeff will be writing and drawing a five-page “Peacemaker” backup strip in each issue.

This is the greatest comic book news I have ever heard. The FIVE are BACK!
    Welllll... not exactly. It's a new five.
    Oh yeah? I'll still check it out. Maybe they're legacy characters from the original and they're actually good at their job. :disappointed:

Feh...just read the promo. Meh... what a cocktease. Saving my dough.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 5,083
    Torchsong said:

Torchsong said:

Best bit of comic news I heard while at the show: Jeff Lemire and Keith Giffen are going to be co-writing an Inferior Five series drawn by Giffen, and Jeff will be writing and drawing a five-page “Peacemaker” backup strip in each issue.

Oh yeah? I'll still check it out. Maybe they're legacy characters from the original and they're actually good at their job. :disappointed:

It's still Lemire and Giffen. I'll be there for at least the first couple of issues.

Okay, fess up ... which one of you is this?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/10/10/shoplifting-suspect-through-window/

"Shoplifting Suspect Jumps Through Second-Story Window Of Times Square Comic Book Store"

I was already back in North Carolina. I have witnesses.

Torchsong said:

Torchsong said:

It's still Lemire and Giffen. I'll be there for at least the first couple of issues.
    No Awkwardman, no $$ from me. :smile:
    I never understood why White Feather wasn't named The Quiver instead. A much better pun.
  • ToneboneTonebone Posts: 686
    Just listened to the Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast, where the guys interviewed ET's mom, Dee Wallace...

Back in the 50's her dad worked for Dell comics, and she used to tour the midwest and make personal appearances as the Dell Queen.

https://gilbertpodcast.com/
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,310
    Just seen The New Mutants trailer. Looks interesting.
  • Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,409
    Tag and Bink are about to become canon.

• DARDAR Posts: 791
    Pretty ill about Aaron Rodgers today
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,061
    DAR said:

Pretty ill about Aaron Rodgers today

Sunny skies here in MN.
  • DARDAR Posts: 791
  • BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 245
    Aha! So THIS is where people have been (or at least were) discussing "Star Trek: Discovery!" I was wondering where the thread was. Especially after last night's episode, which featured a very interesting computer screen list AND what I believe is the first use of the F-word in official Star Trek history.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,776
    Still liking the Orville much better. I don't even recognize Star Trek in Discovery.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 3,129
    It is so pleasant outside.
    mwhitt80 said:

It is so pleasant outside.

It's a shame Fall doesn't really come until the middle of October where we are. We'll get three or four weeks of this if we’re lucky.
    2 weeks of the most perfect weather you could ever ask for...
    In random two day spurts spaced out over 365.25 days
    It is 100 degrees in Arizona today.

Screw all of you.
    Torchsong said:

It is 100 degrees in Arizona today.

Screw all of you.

Yeah, but it’s a dry heat.
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 1,145
    We're on track to hit 80 here in Bismarck.
    Happy NBA Day! Ohh it's the best. Got my league pass and my TNT channel set up on the Roku. Dusted off my vintage Hawks jerseys. Ready for the season.
    (Grabs everyone by the collar and drags them unwillingly back to Star Trek talk..)

I'm actually loving Discovery - it's not the ST series I expected, but it is definitely interesting and very well done, imo. And I am also liking The Orville, which scratches the itch I had for a more traditional, TNG-like Trek. It's a good time to be a TV sci fi geek!

As for weather, it's 90 here in L.A. Hot and dry, and everyone's paranoid that another fire is going to break out. Meanwhile, I am burnt out on Marvel TV shows. Enough already.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,061
    edited October 17
    70 in Minnesota

The few leaves that remain on the trees are bright yellow and red.
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,142
    edited October 17

(Grabs everyone by the collar and drags them unwillingly back to Star Trek talk..)

I'm actually loving Discovery - it's not the ST series I expected, but it is definitely interesting and very well done, imo. And I am also liking The Orville, which scratches the itch I had for a more traditional, TNG-like Trek. It's a good time to be a TV sci fi geek!

As for weather, it's 90 here in L.A. Hot and dry, and everyone's paranoid that another fire is going to break out. Meanwhile, I am burnt out on Marvel TV shows. Enough already.

I watch the first episode on CBS. It was visually exceptional. I did not care for much else, though I did see potential with the lead character.

I have read the spoiler reviews of each of the subsequent episdoes and nothing has changed my initial opinion. The only things that interests me is;

1. What hoops the show jumps to get things to the TOS era or if they even try.
    2. The actual continued production behind the scenes. What does a season 2 of this look like? How many viewers are staying with this show? What are the expectations for this show with CBS? At this point, the audience is probably topped out and is likely to only drop as time progresses. (Unless some shocking plot item catches fire and people sign up in mass). Does CBS switch it to the network to push up the numbers? What about the show budget?

In Castle Rock, CO it is a beautiful 75 degrees.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,776
    70 and party sunny in Tennessee all week.
    The season is already is bananas. Hayward out w/broke ankle, Mirotic out due broke jaw from a team mate.
    Omg, that photo of Hayward's ankle will haunt me til my dying days

Omg, that photo of Hayward's ankle will haunt me til my dying days

I'd rate that waaaayyy up in worst Basketball injuries I've ever seen. Paul George, the Ware kid in college a few years ago, this one. It was really bad.